Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWith the Alpha DSLR-A850, Sony has combined 24 megapixels of full-frame resolution with the compact body and ease of use that the Alpha models are kwn for. David Busch's Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Guide to Digital Photography shows discerning photographers like you how to take outstanding pictures with this sophisticated and cutting-edge camera. You'll learn how, when, and, most importantly, why to use all the cool features and functions of your camera to take eye-popping photographs. Introductory chapters will help you get comfortable with the basics of your camera before you dive right into exploring creative ways to apply the Sony Alpha's exposure modes, focus controls, and electronic flash options. This book is chock full of hands-on tips for choosing lenses, flash units, and software products to use with your new camera. Beautiful, full-color images illustrate where the essential buttons and dials are, so you'll quickly learn how to use your Sony Alpha, and use it well.
- Author BiographyWith more than a million books in print, David D. Busch is the world's #1 selling digital camera guide author, and the originator of popular digital photography series like David Busch's Pro Secrets and David Busch's Quick Snap Guides. He has written more than a dozen hugely successful guidebooks for Canon and Canon digital SLR models, as well as many popular books devoted to dSLRs, including Mastering Digital SLR Photography, Second Edition, and Digital SLR Pro Secrets. As a roving photojournalist for more than twenty years, he illustrated his books, magazine articles, and newspaper reports with award-winning images. He's operated his own commercial studio, suffocated in formal dress while shooting weddings-for-hire, and shot sports for a daily newspaper and upstate New York college. His photos and articles have appeared in Popular Photography & Imaging, The Rangefinder, The Professional Photographer, and hundreds of other publications. He has also reviewed dozens of digital cameras for CNet and Computer Shopper, and his advice has been featured in National Public Radio's All Tech Considered. When About.com named its top five books on Beginning Digital Photography, debuting at the #1 and #2 slots were Busch's Digital Photography All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies and Mastering Digital Photography. During the past year, he's had as many as five of his books listed in the Top 20 of Amazon.com's Digital Photography Bestseller list-simultaneously! Busch's 120-plus other books published since 1983 include bestsellers like David Busch's Quick Snap Guide to Digital SLR Lenses. Visit his website at http://www.dslrguides.com. Alexander S. White is an attorney, writer, and amateur photographer. He is the co-author of David Busch's Canon PowerShot G10/G11 Guide to Digital Photography, and author of PHOTOGRAPHER'S GUIDE TO THE LEICA D-LUX 4: GETTING THE MOST FROM LEICA'S COMPACT DIGITAL CAMERA and DAUNTLESS MARINE: JOSEPH SAILER JR., DIVE-BOMBING ACE OF GUADALCANAL. He began his life-long interest in photography as a teenager, when he was fortunate enough to have his own darkroom in his parents' house in Philadelphia. He also discovered the magic of Super-8 cinematography, and coerced his friends into making numerous amateur productions. He later ventured into the production of sound films and went on to major in Communication at Stanford University, concentrating in Broadcasting and Film, before serving in the U.S. Army and later attending the University of Pennsylvania Law School. His other interests include genealogy; he maintains a family history website and continues to do research into his family's ancestry. He lives near Richmond, Virginia, with his wife, Clenise.
- Author(s)Alexander S. White,David Busch
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/06/2010
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight975 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.