Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by qbdbooks
- Est. delivery by 14 Sep
- AU $11.92Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show' Dickens's epic, exuberant vel is one of the greatest coming-of-age stories in literature. It chronicles David Copperfield's extraordinary journey through life, as he encounters villains, saviours, eccentrics and grotesques, including the wicked Mr Murdstone, stout-hearted Peggotty, formidable Betsey Trotwood, impecunious Micawber and odious Uriah Heep. Dickens's great Bildungsroman (based, in part, on his own boyhood, and which he described as a 'favourite child') is a work filled with life, both comic and tragic. The Penguin English Library - 100 editions of the best fiction in English, from the eighteenth century and the very first vels to the beginning of the First World War.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens (1812-70) had his first, astounding success with his first novel The Pickwick Papers and never looked back. In an extraordinarily full life he wrote, campaigned and spoke on a huge range of issues, and was involved in many of the key aspects of Victorian life, by turns cajoling, moving and irritating. He completed fourteen full-length novels and volume after volume of journalism. Of all his many works, he called David Copperfield his 'favourite child'. The Pickwick Papers, Oliver Twist, Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosity Shop, Barnaby Rudge, A Christmas Carol, Martin Chuzzlewit, Dombey and Son, Bleak House, Hard Times, Little Dorrit, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, Our Mutual Friend and The Mystery of Edwin Drood are also published in the Penguin English Library.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Penguin English Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight683 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.66
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.19
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $33.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.