All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA pioneer of Conceptual art, structuralist film and multimedia installation, Argentinean-born artist David Lamelas (born 1946) is well kwn for his interrogations of the relationship between art and the physical exhibition space. This volume, which extended these concerns, is a facsimile edition of Lamelas' 1970 book Publication, which functioned as an exhibition in book form. It gathered language-based works by 14 international artists and critics: Keith Arnatt, Robert Barry, Stanley Brouwn, Daniel Buren, Victor Burgin, Michel Claura, Gilbert & George, Jonathan Latham, Lucy Lippard, Martin Maloney, Barbara M. Reise, Lawrence Weiner and Ian Wilson. Their texts were produced in response to three themes or statements by Lamelas: Use of oral and written language as an Art Form ; Language can be considered as an Art Form ; Language cant be considered an Art Form. The publication was submitted by Lamelas to the 1970 exhibition In Ather Moment, held in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, and organized by Braco and Nena Dimitrijevic.
- PublisherPrimary Information
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrimary Information
- Weight68 g
- Width142 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.