All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn David Lynch: Beautiful Dark, author Greg Olson explores the surreal intricacies of the director's unique visual and visceral style t only in his full-length films but also his early forays into painting and short films, as well as his television landmark, Twin Peaks. This in-depth exploration is the first full-length work to analyze the intimate symbiosis between Lynch's life experience and artistic expressions: from the small-town child to the teenage painter to the 60-year-old Internet and digital media experimenter.
- Author BiographyGreg Olson is the Film Curator of the Seattle Art Museum. He has written on film for several publications including The Seattle Times, Moviemaker, Premiere and Film Comment. He has contributed to the books Vietnam War Films and Contemporary Literary Criticism. He is a board member of the Film Noir Foundation and a juror for the American Film Institute's annual 100 Years...100 Movies television programs.
- Author(s)Greg Olson
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/03/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleThe Scarecrow Filmmakers Series
- Series Part/Volume Number126
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight1098 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.