All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Noton: The Vision analyses, in a detailed and logical progression, the ways in which a successful photograph comes to be, from the formation of an idea to the moment of exposure. David Noton: The Vision explains how a photographer can translate an idea into reality by using their vision, imagination and understanding. This focus on vision means that the actual cameras and hardware used are t important. Detailed diagrams alongside the finished photograph make it easy to see how the shot was achieved. The technical information and advice is delivered with David's characteristic wit and charm and is accompanied by beautiful images and context from David's travels around the globe. This makes the book both a useful and entertaining read. Each chapter is interspersed with personal and witty diary entries from David's travels along with photo essays that breakdown how the striking photographs were achieved. David begins by exploring how photographers come up with those initial ideas for creating the perfect photograph: how to find inspiration and be imaginative. He then focuses on finding the best location, thinking about composition, waiting for the right light, considering colour from mochromatic to full colour, and finally, finishing with The Moment: analysing when that Decisive Moment is.
- Author BiographyDavid Noton is an award winning landscape and travel photographer with over 26 years' experience, and runs his own highly successful freelance photography company. For many years he has worked for the UK's National Trust on countless commissions and he co-authored the NT publication Coast. For the last few years David has written a regular column for Practical Photography. David is a regular contributor to Outdoor Photography, Digital Photography Pro and www.photographyblog.com where he has a monthly column. Additionally, David publishes a monthly eZine called 'Chasing the Light', runs a series of talks, workshops and shows across the UK and Europe, has published two DVDs (Photography in the RAW, David Noton - Get Inside This Pro's Boots and Chasing the Light) and has won awards in Wildlife Photographer of the Year over three different years.
- Author(s)David Noton
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note200
- Width260 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.