All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew artists possess David Shepherd's combination of talent and truly popular appeal. He modestly suggests that his success is a result of good fortune and being in the right place at the right time, but for those who kw his work, it is obvious that its attraction stems from the wholehearted enthusiasm with which he embraces his subjects - his paintings are suffused with the life, emotion and colour which reflect David's own personality. Combining over 60 of his very best paintings with an endearingly lively autobiographical text, the book takes a fresh look at the fascinating life of this irrepressible artist. From his first influences and training with Robin Goodwin, through early struggles and successes, and on to the leaps and bounds of his subsequent career, David tells his tale with honesty and sincerity. He pays tribute to the people, and animals, who have helped him along the way, and express his total commitment to the cause of wildlife conservation, as well as his lifelong love of what he calls big toys - steam trains, aeroplanes and ships. David regards his life as a marvellous adventure, and his talent for telling it how it happened draws us in, enabling us to share and enjoy his experiences to the full. This outstanding collection of paintings reflects every facet of David Shepherd's personality and experience. He says he is lucky to have had the opportunities that he has had in his life; we are lucky that he has chosen to share them with us through his words and pictures.
- Author BiographyDavid Shepherd is one of Britain's most popular and successful artists. He is a tireless and prominent campaigner for the causes in which he believes - most particularly wildlife conservation and the preservation of steam locomotives. David has been awarded many honours in his lifetime, including Officer of the Order of the British Empire for services to wildlife conservation. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and the Royal Society of Arts, and a Member of Honour of the Worldwide Fund for Nature. He has been awarded the Order of the Golden Ark by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, the Order of Distinguished Service by Kenneth Kaunda, former President of Zambia and the Honourable Doctorate of Fine Arts by the Pratt Institute of New York. David works from his studio at home in West Sussex.
- Author(s)David Shepherd
- PublisherZodiac Publishing
- Date of Publication22/06/2002
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationOakham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZodiac Publishing
- Content Note70 colour & 21 b&w illustrations
- Width288 mm
- Height370 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.