All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionA reexamination of the biblical David, legendary warrior, poet, and king, by one of America's most respected rabbis Of all the figures in the Bible, David arguably stands out as the most perplexing and enigmatic. He was many things: a warrior who subdued Goliath and the Philistines; a king who united a nation; a poet who created beautiful, sensitive verse; a loyal servant of God who proposed the great Temple and founded the Messianic line; a schemer, deceiver, and adulterer who freely indulged his very human appetites. David Wolpe, whom Newsweek called the most influential rabbi in America, takes a fresh look at biblical David in an attempt to find coherence in his seemingly contradictory actions and impulses. The author questions why David holds such an exalted place in history and legend, and then proceeds to unravel his complex character based on information found in the book of Samuel and later literature. What emerges is a fascinating portrait of an exceptional human being who, despite his many flaws, was truly beloved by God.
- Author BiographyDavid Wolpe is the rabbi of the Sinai Temple in Los Angeles. He is the author of seven books, including the national bestseller Making Loss Matter: Creating Meaning in Difficult Times. He lives in Los Angeles, CA.
- Author(s)David Wolpe
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Series TitleJewish Lives
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note1 b-w illus.
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.