All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is fully illustrated with full-color images and will inspire anyone with an interest in abstract art and watercolor painting. Over the course of his career, David Whitaker extended the range and resonance of Abstract Art. He established a reputation through investigating the optical effects of color in paintings of extraordinary technical accomplishment and daring. The ambition and the control of these strikingly beautiful effects were continuously developed throughout his career.
- Author BiographyMatthew Sturgis is the author of Black Dog's Paperwork, on the work of Peter Clark, and of acclaimed biographies of Aubrey Beardsley and Walter Sickert. He has given lectures at Tate Britain, the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, and the Scottish National Gallery, amongst other places. He writes regularly for the Daily Telegraph, TLS, Country Life and Burlington Magazine.
- Author(s)Matthew Sturgis
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note120 illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width230 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.