David Wilkerson: The Cross, the Switchblade, and the Man Who Believed by Gary Wilkerson (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of David Wilkerson, the man who believed against the odds that God could do great things in the rejected and igred of New York City, who refused to give up on those on the streets even when they had given up on themselves, and who saw in the eyes of the drug addicts and gang members what others failed to see-the love of Jesus Christ. But who was David Wilkerson? Many Christians don't really kw. More often than t, we saw the fruit of his faith in God rather than the man himself. When Wilkerson moved to New York from rural Pennsylvania in 1958 to confront the gangs who ran the streets, he was a skinny, 120-pound man. After the initial publicity that brought him face to face with some of the most dangerous young men of the city, he largely flew under the radar of the media, using the Word of God and a bit of tough love to help men and women of the street escape the destructive spiral of drugs and violence. Wilkerson was always the real deal, full of passion and conviction, t interested in what others said was the right or political thing to do. Wilkerson later founded the Times Square Church, w a n-deminational mega-church of 8,000 members, to this day a crossroads for those battling sin, drugs, and porgraphy, and a place where the message of Christ is discussed. He created the faith-based program Teen Challenge to wean addicts off drugs, and then World Challenge, dedicated since its beginning to promoting and spreading the Gospel throughout the world. Both w have branches worldwide, continuing the work that God began in the life of one man who believed David Wilkerson was a man of faith who trusted God would give him what he needed to enter a world of crime and killing. He was a man of conviction who took the dream God gave him and marched forward without ever looking back. And he was a man of vision who could t be shaken from his beliefs-sometimes even when counseled otherwise. David Wilkerson was the preacher of New York City.
- Author BiographyGary Wilkerson is the President of World Challenge, an international mission organization that was founded by his father, David Wilkerson. He is also the lead pastor of The Springs Church, which he and others launched in 2009 and has grown rapidly by God's grace. Gary travels nationally and internationally to conduct conferences for pastors, missionaries and Christian workers and to oversee mission ventures including church plants, orphanages, health clinics and feeding programs among the poor and unreached people of the world. Gary and his wife, Kelly, have four children and live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. R.S.B. Sawyer is a writer whose work has appeared in HarperOne's Best Christian Writing Series. He and his wife, Joy Roulier Sawyer, live in Denver, where they are active in the Lighthouse Writers Workshop community. Their editing work together has earned awards from the Associated Church Press and the Catholic Press Association.
- Author(s)Gary Wilkerson
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight484 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.