All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionTake a glimpse into deer hunting's past! White-tailed deer hunting has an incredibly rich heritage in America, and has played a vital role in the survival and expansion of this great nation. It's provided food, clothing, income, camaraderie and an unmistakable freedom to enjoy the country's magnificent wild lands. Take a glimpse back in time with the outstanding collection of photographs and historical information from the late 1800s to the mid-1900s that author Duncan Dobie has included inside Dawn of American Deer Hunting. You'll see the classic rifles hunters used, how they traveled to the remote deer camps, what kind of shelters they stayed in and more fascinating pieces of hunting history from the legendary deer regions around America. And admire the deer they took home--massive-bodied Northern bucks, trophy Texas antlers, buck poles filled with does and much-appreciated venison. As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Just imagine the stories of the rugged folk in each photograph, and soon you'll connect with these deer hunters of yesteryear. We still face the same keen senses of the whitetail; the same harsh weather; the same buck fever...
- Author BiographyDuncan Dobie has more than 35 years of experience writing about deer hunting and as an outdoor photographer who has taken tens of thousands of photos. That, along with being a lifelong student of whitetail history in America has given him a unique perspective into the past that can be put into words to produce a very beautiful and timely book about the heritage of deer hunting. He was Editor of North American Whitetail magazine from 2005-2009, and has published around 2,000 articles about white-tailed deer and deer hunting since 1980.
- Author(s)Duncan Dobie
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKrause Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width209 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.