All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYellowstone National Park is a magnificent area with beautiful, dramatic scenery and incredible hydrothermal features. Within its 2.2 million acres lies some of the earth's greatest natural treasures. Day Hikes in Yellowstone National Park includes a thorough cross-section of eighty-two hikes throughout this national park. Now in its fourth edition, the guide includes all of the park's most popular hikes as well as a wide assortment of secluded backcountry trails. Many hikes lead to hot springs, bubbling mud pots, steaming fumaroles, and geysers (including Old Faithful) that are predominant throughout the park. Several hikes explore the rim and interior of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, a 1,200 foot deep chasm cut by the Yellowstone River. Highlights include thundering waterfalls, unusual thermal features, expansive meadows, alpine lakes, secluded canyons, and 360-degree vistas of the park. All levels of hiking experience are accommodated, from level boardwalk trails to mountaius treks up to paramic overlooks. Each hike includes a detailed map, accurate driving and hiking directions, distance/time/elevation statistics, a list of relevant maps, and summaries to help hikers find a trail appropriate to their ability and desire. Companion hiking guides include Day Hikes in Grand Teton National Park, Day Hikes Around Bozeman, and Day Hikes in the Beartooth Mountains.
- Author BiographyFor more than a decade, veteran hiker Robert Stone has been writer, photographer, and publisher of Day Hike Books. Robert has hiked every trail in the Day Hike Book series. With twenty-one hiking guides in the series, many in their second, third, and fourth editions, he has hiked over a thousand trails throughout the western United States and Hawaii. When not hiking, he is researching, writing, and mapping the hikes before returning to the trails. He is an active member of OWAC (Outdoor Writers Association of California). Robert resides summers in the Rocky Mountains of Montana and winters on the California Central Coast.
- Author(s)Robert Stone
- PublisherDay Hike Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDay Hike Books
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.