All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRediscover the simple pleasures of a day trip with Day Trips from Atlanta. This guide is packed with hundreds of exciting things for locals and vacationers to do, see, and discover within a two-hour drive of the Atlanta metro area.
- Author BiographyJanice McDonald has called Atlanta her home for more than two decades. A writer, producer and avid traveler, she has visited all 50 states, more than 70 countries and all seven continents. They know her by name at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport! She has written numerous articles Atlanta and is the person her local friends call when they want something to see or do. The author of the Insiders' Guide to Atlanta and the Insiders' Guide to Myrtle Beach & the Grand Strand, she also has written an iPhone application for getting around Atlanta. A lover of history, Janice has penned a walking guide book to historic Bruges, Belgium and has co-authored regional history books on the Myrtle Beach Pavilion and Aiken, S.C. Janice spent 20 years as a producer and writer at CNN. She has continued her traveling escapades through her company J-Mac Productions, working regularly with several networks including the Travel Channel, Discovery and National Geographic. She has produced and written episodes of the popular Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern. Some of her great adventures include traveling to Antarctica with Prince Albert II of Monaco in 2009 to retrace an adventure 20 years earlier with the legendary oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau. She has visited the libraries of Timbuktu, searched for polar bears in the Arctic, planted trees in Ethiopia and built homes in Mongolia. An 8 time Emmy nominee, Janice has won numerous awards for television production.
- Author(s)Janice McDonald
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleDay Trips Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight23 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.12
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.20
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.39
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.56
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.