All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $86.83
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.02
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $38.53
- AU $29.66Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.68
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $28.02
About this product
- DescriptionRediscover the simple pleasures of a day trip with Day Trips from Columbus. For local travelers seeking new adventures in their own backyards, as well as vacationers, it offers hundreds of exciting things to do, see, and discover within a two-hour drive. Complete with full trip-planning information, including itineraries with their own route maps, as well as information on where to eat, where to shop, and where to stop along the way, this guide helps make the most of a brief getaway. * Marvel at the Longaberger Home Office in Newark, Ohio-the only corporate headquarters set inside a seven-story basket.* Ride the rails in a genuine diesel locomotive with vintage passenger coaches from the Buckeye Central Scenic Railroad.* Peruse an amazing collection of antique paintings, ceramics, and enamels at the Taft Museum of Art. * Explore the verdant, leafy coolness and gushing gorges of Hocking Hills State Park.* Brave the Millennium Force, the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster, at Cedar Point Amusement Park.
- Author BiographyLife-long Ohio resident Sandra Gurvis is the author of nine books and hundreds of magazine articles on travel and other topics. Her titles include Careers for Nonconformists (Marlowe, 2000), which was a selection of the Quality Paperback Book Club; The Well-Traveled Dog (TFH, 2001); America's Strangest Museums (Carol/Citadel, 1998, 1996); 30 Great Cities to Start Out In (Arco/Macmillan, 1997); Way Stations to Heaven (Arco/Macmillan, 1996); among others. A novel about campus uprisings in a small Ohio town, The Pipe Dreamers, was published by Olmstead Press in 2001. She lives in Columbus, Ohio.
- Author(s)Sandra Gurvis
- PublisherGPP Travel
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleDay Trips Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGPP Travel
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.