All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionDay Walks in the Lake District is the second title in Vertebrate Publishing's series of compact and portable hillwalking guidebooks. This book showcases 20 circular routes in the Lake District, between 5 and 13 miles (8 km and 21 km) in length, suitable for hillwalkers of all abilities. The routes are split into four geographical areas - rth, east, south and west - and include walks from the main tourist bases, such as Keswick and Ambleside, as well as sought after peaks, such as Seafell Pike, Great Gable, Blencathra and Helvellyn. Also included for the adventurous are the Lake District's best kwn scrambles - Striding Edge on Helvellyn and Sharp Edge on Blencathra - together with more accessible alternatives. The author of this guidebook, Stephen Goodwin, is a freelance journalist (former staff writer for The Independent ), editor of the prestigious Alpine Journal and a Lake District local. In his introductions to each route he recalls the tales of Wordsworth, Walpole and the fascinating history of Lakeland and its peaks and fells. Each route in this guide is described with easy-to-follow directions and details of distance, navigation information, refreshment stops and is plotted on clear and easy to use Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 mapping.
- Author BiographyStephen Goodwin is a freelance journalist and editor of the prestigious Alpine Journal. He turned freelance in 1999 after 13 years as a staffer on The Independent, mainly covering politics at Westminster. A climber and ski-mountaineer, in 1998 he reached the south summit of Everest, filing an award-winning diary to The Independent. Since then, he has returned to the Himalaya most years as well as forays into the Alps, Andes and Turkey. Yet for all this exotica, he finds equal pleasure in walking and climbing in the Lake District, a stone's throw from his home in Cumbria's lovely Eden Valley.
- Author(s)Stephen Goodwin
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Width120 mm
- Height175 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.