Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionA dark new cult classic - Perfume meets The Anatomist; In eighteenth-century Honfleur, a child is born with a horrific destiny before him. His name is Latour and he is physiologically incapable of feeling pain. Obsessed by his abrmality and fascinated by the mysteries of pain, Latour loses himself in a dark spiral of death, murder and dissection as he attempts to fathom the secrets of the human body. Eventually he meets the infamous Marquis de Sade, whose faithful servant and accomplice he becomes. Born in Oslo in 1965, Nikolaj Frobenius has worked as a scriptwriter for both the theatre and the cinema. In this, his first vel to appear in English, he has taken the historical facts of Georges Latour's existence and transformed them into a terrifying narrative of flesh, blood and bones. Reading De Sade's Valet is like being flayed alive by language. The book was critically acclaimed in trade paperback when it was published in 2000 - QPD who made the book a Fiction Best Choice and ordered three times, said Frobenius... has added flesh and blood to the bare bones of the real life Latour, in a terrifying vel that crosses Perfume with Ingenious Pain.
- Author(s)Nikolaj Frobenius
- PublisherMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byTom Geddes
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.