CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionWith a mother's touch, a lover's touch and the sure hand of an under-taker, MacLean compels the reader to take a dangerous look behind every facade, even though we will long to look away. Her women are fierce with their men, protective of their children and abrupt with the world. She observes the minutiae of life with an eye of appreciation, and looks at the grandeur with suspicion. MacLean's love poems are blunt instruments, ready to strike: So far I've loved men / whose names are short / for thing. / Kent. / Luke. / Kirk. / Quick blunt pokes / of sound . Throughout these poems, MacLean offers up a solid understanding of what death leaves behind. Death of dreams, death of desire, death of a beloved. Always we are Left holding thing, / surprised by the weight of it . MacLean's poems are unforgettable landscapes of grief and tenderness with just eugh wicked wit to plunge the reader into new insights on what it means to be alive.
- Author BiographyPam Calabrese MacLean divides her writing time between poetry and drama. Her award-winning poems have appeared in literary journals in Canada, Great Britain and the US. She lives in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
- Author(s)Pam Calabrese MacLean
- PublisherRonsdale Press
- Date of Publication10/12/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRonsdale Press
- Weight214 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.