Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionFor millionaire jockey Alan York, winning is a bonus. For Joe Nantwich, victory means cushy backhanders; and for Bill Davidson, front running on strongly fancied Admiral, triumph is an imposter. It means murder - his own. Turning private detective, York uses Joe's underworld connections to go on the trail of the killers - only to draw a series of blanks. But when ambushed by a gang of vicious thugs, he picks up some clues along with his cuts and bruises. Bill's murder begins to make more sense. Until York finds himself in hospital, without a memory.'Fresh and exciting ...very lively' - Sunday Times . 'As a jockey, Dick Francis was unbeatable when he got into his stride. The same is true, wadays, of his crime writing' - Daily Mirror.
- Author BiographyDick Francis has Written forty-one international bestsellers and is widely acclaimed as one of the world's finest thriller writers. His awards include the Crime Writers' Association's Cartier Diamond Dagger for his outstanding contribution to the crime genre, and an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Tufts University of Boston. In 1996 Dick Francis was made a Mystery Writers of America Grand Master for a lifetime's achievement and in 2000 he received a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
- Author(s)Dick Francis
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/09/2002
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Dick Francis library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date18/09/2008
- Weight195 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition Statement40th anniversary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.