All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExhuming the stories of the table and t-so-famous figures who distilled the American spirit, the founders of Kings County Distillery w offer a rich history of whiskey, moonshine and other spirits. The book presents 50 entertaining--and sometimes morbid--microbiographies of figures from distilling's bygone days, including farmers, scientists, oligarchs, criminals and the occasional US president. The book also features sidebars, graphics, and photos, such as relevant family trees, walking-tour maps, and teworthy, vintage newspaper clippings. A visually and textually rich volume from the authors of The Kings County Distillery Guide to Urban Moonshining, The Kings County Guide to Dead Distillers is a spirited portrait of the unusual and storied past of forgotten drunkenness.
- Author BiographyColin Spoelman, a former rooftop moonshiner from Kentucky, and David Haskell, the great-grandson of a prohibition-era bootlegger from New York, founded Brooklyn's Kings County Distillery in 2010 to make small-scale batches of moonshine, bourbon and other whiskeys. Spoelman is a full-time distiller and writer; Haskell is deputy editor at New York magazine.
- Author(s)Colin Spoelman,David Haskell
- Date of Publication20/05/2016
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note70 black-and-white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.