All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.94Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionFrom an acclaimed master of suspense (New York Times Book Review) comes a thriller in which Thorn must confront an assassin whose victims and methods are taken directly from the script of a popular TV showApril Moss writes obituaries for the Miami Herald. Her son, Sawyer, also a writer, has been scripting a cable TV series called Miami Ops and has been using his mother's work as a central element of the show's storyline. In Miami Ops, a serial killer is using obituaries published in the local paper as a blueprint for selecting his next victims.But midway through the season, a copycat appears off-screen, a real-life killer who is using the same strategy to select victims. When this serial killer crosses paths with the reclusive Thorn, he has choice but to leave his sanctuary in Key Largo and join forces with a young policewoman from Oklahoma who is investigating the murders.In addition to the show's head writer, April's other son, Sawyer's twin brother, works on Miami Ops as the lead actor. Could one of them be involved in the killings? Or are they orchestrated by the director of the TV series, an aging mogul who badly needs a hit? And what about the female star of the show, a deliciously strange young woman who seems willing to do anything to promote her career.Thorn walks into this hotbed of entertainment business intrigue totally unprepared for the life-altering shocker he's about to face. This loner from Key Largo has brought down his share of killers, but he's never confronted one that was his own flesh and blood. With the pacing of a thriller, and the lyrical prose for which Hall is rewned, Dead Last pits Thorn against a killer or killers whose motives are as elusive as their identities.
- Author BiographyJAMES W. HALL is an Edgar and Shamus Award-winning author whose books have been translated into a dozen languages. He divides his time between South Florida and North Carolina.
- Author(s)James W Hall
- PublisherMinotaur Books
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThorn Mysteries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinotaur Books
- Weight290 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.