All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMI5 Officer Liz Carlyle returns in a powerfully suspenseful, psychologically riveting thriller to diffuse a terrorist plot. As plans get under way for a Middle East peace conference at the Gleneagles resort in Scotland, MI5 Intelligence Officer Liz Carlyle is summoned to a meeting with her boss, who has just received an alarming tip: two individuals are mounting an operation to violently disrupt the conference and lay the blame on Syria, and Liz must stop them. No one kws who they are or exactly what they're planning, but given the stature of the conference attendees chances can be taken. As the conference deadline draws closer, Liz keeps running into one dead end after ather, and she begins to understand that the threat is far greater than she could have imagined.
- Author BiographyStella Rimington joined Britain s Security Service (MI5) in 1969. During her nearly thirty-year career she worked in all the main fields of the Service s responsibilities counter subversion, counter espionage and counter terrorism and successively became Director of all three branches. Appointed Director General of MI5 in 1992, she was the first woman to hold the post and the first Director General whose name was publicly announced on appointment. Following her retirement from MI5 in 1996, she became a nonexecutive director of Marks & Spencer and published her autobiography, Open Secret, in the United Kingdom. She is also the author of three previous novels: At Risk, Secret Asset and Illegal Action. Rimington lives in London.
- Author(s)Stella Rimington
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight209 g
- Width121 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.81Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.08
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.