All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionIn the February of the year of our Lord 1141, men march home from war to Shrewsbury, but the captured Sheriff Gilbert Prestcote is t among them. Elis, a young Welsh prisoner, is, and he is delivered to the Abbey of Saint Peter and Saint Paul to begin a tale that will test Brother Cadfael's sense of justice ...and his heart. By good fortune, it seems, the prisoner can be exchanged as Sheriff Prestcote's ransom. What ne expects is that good-natured Elis will be struck down by Cupid's arrow. The sherrif's own daughter holds him in thrall, and she too, is blind with passion. Now regaining her father means losing her lover. But then the sheriff, ailing and frail, is brought to the abbey's infirmary and murdered there. Suspicion falls on the prisoner, who only has his Welsh hour to gain Brother Cadfael's help. And Cadfael gives it, t kwing the truth will be a trial for his own soul.
- Author BiographyEllis Peters is one of the pseudonyms of Edith Pargeter who wrote several books under her own name and also Peter Benedict, Jolyon Carr and John Redfern. She was the recipient of the Crime Writers Association and the Cartier Diamond Dagger Award. She died in 1995.
- Author(s)Ellis Peters
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Cadfael Chronicles
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight218 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.