Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn this splendid turn-of-the-century English whodunit, Police Inspector Thomas Brunt, of Rescue from the Rose and Gamekeeper's Gallows, is at it again. This time, a newcomer to a Derbyshire village has been brutally murdered on the moors, and the obvious suspect is Lomas the miner who took her off to his remote Dead-Nettle mine workings. Brunt, however, does t trust the obvious. Sooner or later everybody tells him everything -- or nearly everything. All he has to do is guess the rest and patiently await his moment. Hilton evokes a special mood as he paints the countryside, details traditional lead-mining lore, village custom and community loyalties, and scenes from the Boer War that illuminate the central character. In this way he portrays Edwardian England at its best, and sometimes worst, as the grisly plot unfolds.
- Author BiographyJohn Buxton Hilton was born in 1921 in Buxton, Derbyshire. After his war service in the army he became an Inspector of schools, before retiring in 1970 to take up full-time writing. He wrote two books on language teaching as well as being a prolific crime writer - his works include the Superintendent Simon Kenworthy series and the Inspector Thomas Brunt series, as well as the Inspector Mosley series under the pseudonym John Greenwood.
- Author(s)John Buxton Hilton
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleInspector Thomas Brunt
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.