All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhilst speaking at a Hong Kong medical conference, neurosurgeon Dr. Lucas McCrae slips the cloth off a cadaver's head during a routine medical demonstration, and is overwhelmed by what's staring back at him: the face of his best friend, Andy Baer. Stunned, McCrae races back to Seattle to discover that Andy is, in fact, missing and may have been murdered by a gang of body snatchers. They operate a legitimate funeral business and make a fortune by selling recovered body parts to medical researchers. McCrae teams up with an unlikely pair-a beautiful but hardsed female cop and a gang member whose family was victimized by the cadaver ring-to try and expose a macabre web of corruption. It involves law enforcement, politicians, funeral home curators, and ...murdered prostitutes.
- Author BiographyBrought up in Seattle, Allen Wyler's parents died early which left him having to wholly support himself through college in a variety of ways - including serving as a drive-in cook and playing drums as a professional musician in various blues and jazz groups. Medicine was his chosen discipline and he went on to have a distinguished career in his speciality, neurosurgery, which he determined on very early in his studies. Serving on the faculties of the University of Washington and the University of Tennessee, he earned an international reputation for pioneering surgical techniques to record brain activity. In 1992, he was recruited by the prestigious 'Swedish Medical Centre' to develop a Neuroscience Institute. Ten years later, he left active practice to become Medical Director for a start-up Med-Tech company, and now chairs the Institutional Review Board of a major medical centre in the Pacific Northwest. In the early 1970's Wyler developed a love of reading thrillers, and later decided to leverage his medical knowledge by writing himself. After the publication of his first two medical thrillers, 'Deadly Errors', and 'Dead Head', in 2005 and 2007 respectively, he retired from full time day to day medicine to devote more time to his writing. He has also served as Vice President of the 'International Thriller Writers' organization for several years. He and his wife, Lily, divide their time between Seattle and the San Juan Islands, and he continues to develop new plots from real-life situations met during his career. His writing has been described as 'right up there with the best' and on another occasion, developing a high-speed plot with a 'startling but all-too-plausible premise'.
- Author(s)Allen Wyler
- PublisherAstor & Blue Editions LLC
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintAstor & Blue Editions LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.79Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.08
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.