Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.52Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.86
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.68Trending at AU $13.16
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionDead Water is the fifth book in Ann Cleeves' Shetland series -- which is w the major BBC1 drama starring Douglas Henshall, SHETLAND. When the body of journalist Jerry Markham is found in a traditional Shetland boat, outside the house of the Fiscal, down at the Marina, young Detective Inspector Willow Reeves is drafted in to head up the investigation. Since the death of his fiancee, Inspector Jimmy Perez has been out of the loop, but his interest in this new case is stirred and he decides to help the inquiry. Markham -- originally a Shetlander but who had made a name for himself in London -- had left the islands years before. In his wake, he left a scandal involving a young girl, Evie Watt, who is w engaged to a seaman. He had few friends in Shetland, so why was he back? Willow and Jimmy are led to Sullum Voe, the heart of Shetland's North Sea oil and gas industry. It soon emerges from their investigation that Markham was chasing a story in his final days. One that must have been significant eugh to warrant his death ...Also available in the Shetland series are Raven Black, White Nights, Red Bones and Blue Lightning. Ann Cleeves' Vera Stanhope series (ITV television drama VERA) contains five titles, of which The Glass Room is the most recent.
- Author BiographyAnn Cleeves is the author behind ITV's VERA and BBC One's SHETLAND. She has written over twenty-five novels, and is the creator of detectives Vera Stanhope and Jimmy Perez -- characters loved both on screen and in print. Her books have now sold over 1 million copies worldwide. Ann worked as a probation officer, bird observatory cook and auxiliary coastguard before she started writing. She is a member of 'Murder Squad', working with other British northern writers to promote crime fiction. In 2006 Ann was awarded the Duncan Lawrie Dagger (CWA Gold Dagger) for Best Crime Novel, for Raven Black, the first book in her Shetland series. In 2012 she was inducted into the CWA Crime Thriller Awards Hall of Fame. Ann lives in North Tyneside. www.anncleeves.com
- PrizesShortlisted for Deanston Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2013.
- Author(s)Ann Cleeves
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleShetland
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date29/05/2015
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Reading Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.