All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionAging Marshal Boone Crowe has left Buffalo, Wyoming in the early 1880s in search of his long-time lady friend who has disappeared. But Crowe's anxious search is trumped when he finds himself drawn into a deadly struggle between the homestead family of Ernest Tundel and the murderous cattle magnate Douglas Starkweather. The marshal, a man wearying of frontier violence, reluctantly plunges into the fight against Starkweather, his old nemesis from the Civil War. In the midst of the conflict, disturbing clues to his lady friend's disappearance come to light. It w becomes a mission on two fronts and like it or t, the Wyoming cattle country explodes into a field of blood. Loaded with action and raw emotions, <i>Dead Woman Creek</i> is peopled with a wealth of robust characters, from the almost-hanged Rud Lacrosse and the vicious but stupid Ike Werth, to Coyote, the blind, mute Indian who kws too much, and his gritty nine-year-old caretaker, Tanner Hornfisher. <i>Dead Woman Creek</i> blends rugged frontier action with the often-tender sensibilities of its passion-driven characters. Partnered with the sprawl and splendor of the land itself, this is a story of men and women together, each with struggles, each with courage. Standing in the middle, guns drawn, is Marshal Boone Crowe, a haunted man in search of secrets.
- Author BiographyBuck Edwards was born a flatlander, among cattle and horses, and was weaned on classic western literature-Zane Grey, Owen Wister, Alan Lemay, Conrad Richter. His <i>Marshal Boone Crowe series</i> is his attempt at giving western readers both high adventure, peopled with tough men and women, and heroes, not just with grit and heart, but with a soul. Love on the Wyoming plains is not always easy to find, and if it does come, it comes without the window-dressing. Buck Edwards knows tumbleweeds and nights by the campfire. He knows beans and bacon and the sound of the lonely wind on a flat prairie night. And he knows that he loves to write. <i>Dead Woman Creek</i> and <i>Showdown in the Bear Grass</i> are both available for Kindle. Look for <i>Showdown in the Bear Grass</i> coming to print in Summer, 2014.
- Author(s)Buck Edwards
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.