All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a top secret programme of implanting harrowing memories into incent people comes to light, neurosurgeon Tom McCarthy is literally caught in the crossfire. Whilst McCarthy looks forward to a three day weekend, his office is suddenly raided by two Department of Defense investigators bent on arresting him for a crime he didn't commit. All hell breaks loose when an inadvertent scuffle escalates, leaving one agent dead at the hands of the other, and McCarthy fleeing, but hopelessly trapped inside the labyrinthine corridors, heating ducts, and stairways of a gigantic Seattle Medical Centre. With the CIA and Seattle PD closing in, McCarthy unwittingly pulls Dr. Sarah Hamilton into the fray. And like rats in a maze, they struggle to stay one step ahead of their deadly hunters, whilst simultaneously uncovering a trail of corruption that reaches shocking dimensions.
- Author BiographyBrought up in Seattle, Allen Wyler's parents died early which left him having to wholly support himself through college in a variety of ways - including serving as a drive-in cook and playing drums as a professional musician in various blues and jazz groups. Medicine was his chosen discipline and he went on to have a distinguished career in his speciality, neurosurgery, which he determined on very early in his studies. Serving on the faculties of the University of Washington and the University of Tennessee, he earned an international reputation for pioneering surgical techniques to record brain activity. In 1992, he was recruited by the prestigious 'Swedish Medical Centre' to develop a Neuroscience Institute. Ten years later, he left active practice to become Medical Director for a start-up Med-Tech company, and now chairs the Institutional Review Board of a major medical centre in the Pacific Northwest. In the early 1970's Wyler developed a love of reading thrillers, and later decided to leverage his medical knowledge by writing himself. After the publication of his first two medical thrillers, 'Deadly Errors', and 'Dead Head', in 2005 and 2007 respectively, he retired from full time day to day medicine to devote more time to his writing. He has also served as Vice President of the 'International Thriller Writers' organization for several years. He and his wife, Lily, divide their time between Seattle and the San Juan Islands, and he continues to develop new plots from real-life situations met during his career. His writing has been described as 'right up there with the best' and on another occasion, developing a high-speed plot with a 'startling but all-too-plausible premise'.
- Author(s)Allen Wyler
- PublisherAstor & Blue Editions LLC
- Date of Publication07/03/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintAstor & Blue Editions LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight504 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.