All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.66Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionBestselling author, Allen Wyler, (Dead End Deal, Deadly Errors, Dead Ringer, Dead Wrong) is back with a new breakout suspense thriller with a tech edge, Deadly Odds. Twenty-three year old Arld Gold is a Seattle-based odds-maker and local computer genius. Described as a 'part-time hacker and full-time virgin' by his friends, the awkward young shut-in flies to Vegas to try and get lucky-in more ways than one. But his high stakes activity on the Net inadvertently thrusts him into a vortex of international terrorism. Dark Net Hacking has resulted in murder, and w it will take every last bit of Arld's genius intellect and legendary hacking skill to stay one step ahead of the murderous terrorists, the FBI, the local cops and his lawyer. Gold's only chance to save himself is to find the location of a bomb hidden somewhere in Vegas, and somehow prevent the explosion that will turn Sin City into the scene of the deadliest terror attacks since 9/11 Wyler's wild new thriller is as horrifyingly plausible as it is darkly funny and enjoyable. Deadly Odds is t only a page-turner, it's a terrific character-driven story about a young man who lives life through a computer and discovers its dark side. Edgy, twitchy and filled with eugh tech savvy detail to keep both the tech-thriller and classic suspense fan enthralled, Deadly Odds is a new generation's thrill ride.
- Author BiographyBrought up in Seattle, Allen Wyler's parents died early which left him having to wholly support himself through college in a variety of ways - including serving as a drive-in cook and playing drums as a professional musician in various blues and jazz groups. Medicine was his chosen discipline and he went on to have a distinguished career in his speciality, neurosurgery, which he determined on very early in his studies. Serving on the faculties of the University of Washington and the University of Tennessee, he earned an international reputation for pioneering surgical techniques to record brain activity. In 1992, he was recruited by the prestigious 'Swedish Medical Centre' to develop a Neuroscience Institute. Ten years later, he left active practice to become Medical Director for a start-up Med-Tech company, and now chairs the Institutional Review Board of a major medical centre in the Pacific Northwest. In the early 1970's Wyler developed a love of reading thrillers, and later decided to leverage his medical knowledge by writing himself. After the publication of his first two medical thrillers, 'Deadly Errors', and 'Dead Head', in 2005 and 2007 respectively, he retired from full time day to day medicine to devote more time to his writing. He has also served as Vice President of the 'International Thriller Writers' organization for several years. He and his wife, Lily, divide their time between Seattle and the San Juan Islands, and he continues to develop new plots from real-life situations met during his career. His writing has been described as 'right up there with the best' and on another occasion, developing a high-speed plot with a 'startling but all-too-plausible premise'.
- Author(s)Allen R. Wyler
- PublisherAstor & Blue Editions LLC
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAstor & Blue Editions LLC
- Weight348 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.