All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeadly Peaks is a collection of the most table mountaineering disasters and near-disasters in history. Exhaustively researched by two of the most respected authorities on mountaineering history, the book is structured in a unique way: Longer recitations in chrological order followed by a group of briefer narratives, which all offer an intimate glimpse into the worst case-scenarios high altitude adventure can offer.
- Author BiographyFred Hartemann (PhD) is a physicist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. His professional work appears in the premier physics journals. Fred is an avid mountaineer and has been active for 35 years. He has climbed in many European and all North American countries. He is the coauthor of The Mountain Encyclopedia, among other works. Robert Hauptman (PhD) is a retired university professor and the editor of the Journal of Information Ethics. He too climbs regularly and in many different lands. He has managed to stand on the highpoint in 45 states. He is the coauthor of The Mountain Encyclopedia, one of his ca. 700 publications.
- Author(s)Frederic V. Hartemann,Robert Hauptman
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor Trade Publishing
- Content Note16 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width153 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.