All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored as a collaboration between Spoor & Fisher and the Anton Mostert Chair of Intellectual Property at Stellenbosch University, Dean and Dyer's Digest of Intellectual Property Law presents a substantial, engaging and applied first course in intellectual property law. The text provides a thorough and accessible introduction to the broad spectrum of intellectual property law in South Africa, including intellectual property in the digital environment. The text brings the value of practical expertise together with an enquiring, analytical and critical approach, resulting in a dynamic and indispensable reference. The text offers a clear pedagogical structure, which supports learning and develops independent, critical and reflective engagement with the subject matter. Ancillary materials are available to support teaching and learning. Dean and Dyer's Digest of Intellectual Property Law is suited as core course material for students who are studying intellectual property law as a module of the LLB degree, or at postgraduate level. It is also a useful resource for legal practitioners who may wish to clarify new or foundational principles of the field.
- Author BiographyProf Owen Dean holds the degrees B.A (Law), LL.B and LL.D obtained from the University of Stellenbosch in, respectively, 1964, 1966 and 1989. Admitted to practice as an attorney in South Africa in 1974, he is also admitted as an attorney in Namibia and Botswana. Prof Dean is a previous Senior Partner, presently a consultant, of Spoor and Fisher, leading Intellectual Property Attorneys in South Africa. He served on the Government's Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property Law for twenty years and as Chairman of the Copyright Sub-Committee of that Committee and has served as a member of the international editorial boards of the peer-reviewed journals Copyright World and Entertainment Law Review. He is a past president of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law and plays an active role as lawmaker in South Africa.
- Author(s)David Cochrane,Herman Blignaut,John Foster,Lodewyk Cilliers,Marco Van Der Merwe,Megan Reimers,Mohamed Khader,Tshepo Shabangu,Tyrone Grant,Wyk Eben Van
- PublisherOxford University Press Southern Africa
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGoodwood
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintOxford University Press Southern Africa
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width169 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.