All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionEverybody s Gulf War Syndrome is a little bit different. Or so believes Larry, who returns home from Desert Storm to find his hair gone and his bones rapidly disintegrating. Then there s Lance Corporal James Laverne of the US Marines, who grows a third ear in Kuwait. And in the audaciously comic vella Notes from a Bunker Along Highway 8, a Green Beret deserts his team after seeing a vision of George Washington, only to find a new calling administering aid to wounded Iraqi civilians; he s hindered only by the furtive nature of his mission and an unruly band of chimpanzees. Together these narratives form a bracing amalgamation of devastating humor and brilliant cultural observation, in which Gabe Hudson fearlessly explores the darker implications of American military power.
- Author BiographyGabe Hudson received his MFA from Brown University, where he was awarded the John Hawkes Prize in Fiction. His fiction has been published in The New Yorker and McSweeney s. He has received the Sue Kaufman Prize for First Fiction from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, and was a PEN/Hemingway Finalist. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Gabe Hudson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date02/12/2011
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.