All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fascinating follow-up to the highly successful Dear Francesca, Mary Contini writes to her other daughter, Olivia, to tell the story of her great-grandparents, the humble Italian shepherds who emigrated to Edinburgh and then helped to transform Britain's food culture. Sharing some of the recipes that they brought over, the tomatoes, the garlic, the sausage, the wine, this is a mouthwatering memoir of family and food. It is also a brilliant evocation of life between the wars, a triumphant story of survival against all the odds, that captures the sights and smells of Italian life and culture, at home and abroad.
- Author BiographyMARY CONTINI is based in Edinburgh and first generation Italian Scot is a director of the famous delicatessen and wine merchant, Valvona & Crolla. She has written extensively for The Scotsman, appeared on TV and Radio and has co-presented Scotland's Larder on STV. Her Children's cookery Books, Easy Peasy, co-authored with Pru Irvine is now in it's 8th year.
- Author(s)Mary Contini
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight306 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.