All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1851 Bishop Latour and his friend Father Valliant are despatched to New Mexico to reawaken its slumbering Catholicism. Moving along the endless prairies, Latour spreads his faith the only way he kws - gently, although he must contend with the unforgiving landscape, derelict and sometimes openly rebellious priests, and his own loneliness. Over nearly forty years, they leave converts and enemies, crosses and occasionally ecstasy in their wake. But it takes a death for them to make their mark on the landscape forever ...
- Author BiographyWilla Cather (1873-1947) was born in Virginia where for generations her ancestors farmed land. She became a teacher and journalist and is one of the greatest American writers of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Willa Cather
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVMC
- Series Part/Volume Number576
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight210 g
- Width201 mm
- Height131 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byA. S. Byatt
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.