Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.93+ AU $8.90 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by 1117613
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 9 Oct
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe deadly belief systems of cults worldwide hold an immense fascination for those desperate eught to look for ' ultimate truths'. Throughout history, thousands of people have joined cults and committed acts of mind-boggling atrocity in the belief they would attain power or everlasting life. From the acid-drenched psychosis of the Manson Family to the primitive barbarism of the Ugandan Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God, the deluded followers of cults and their charismatic and megalomaniac leaders- have been responsible for history's most shocking and bizarre assassinations, slayings, and mass suicides. Jack Sargeant has compiled twelve in-depth essays from a variety of experts on this deadly phemen, The book includes cults about whom very little has previously been written, such as the Russian castration sect and the bizarre Japanese Aum doomsday cult which released sarin gas into Tokyo's subways. Read this volume and take a ride straight to hell!
- Author BiographyEditor Jack Sargeant has a huge fan base as a writer of true crime and cult cinema. He is the author of numerous published books on the subjects including Born Bad and Deathtripping (Creation Books) He writes regularly for Headpress, Fringecore, and Bizarre magazines and is the film editor for Sleazenation. In addition to writing, Sargeant co-ordinates film screenings and is a university lecturer in film studies. The contributors to the book include published essayists and specialists in the subject from the UK, USA and Australia.
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication08/08/2002
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleTrue crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrue Crime
- Weight159 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJack Sargeant
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.