All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.48Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhile recovering from breast cancer, journalist Jeneva Leopold seeks solitude and healing at her uncle's idle gold mine in the sagebrush desert of Eastern Oregon. Hiking the rocky ridges, swimming in the old mining pond, and igring the outside world save for occasional letters, Jeneva gains strength and a new will to live. As her interest in life returns, so do Jeneva's journalistic habits. And though the locals are at first disturbed by her questions, she soon gets to kw a young woman rancher, various miners, a quirky old artifact hunter, and an itinerant priest and medieval scholar. She learns the inside story on living in the harsh landscape of sagebrush and coyotes and how the Old West is changing under new ecomics and regulation. But the Oregon desert is also a place of secrets. The more Jeneva talks with the locals, the more she wonders about her uncle's mysterious disappearance and why he and her mother stopped talking so many years ago. Then the death of a young miner sends Jeneva on a quest for answers, leading her to an elderly woman artist who lives in a converted chicken house, a tongue-tied funeral home owner, and a swashbuckling sheriff with rule-bending tendencies. What she finally uncovers shocks the region and nearly claims her life.
- Author BiographyBorn in Santa Fe to restless, bookish parents who moved her and her two brothers all over the West, Ashna Graves remained a nomad far into adulthood. In 1989, she began teaching college journalism and became associate director of the university's humanities research center in 2003. Her writing reflects her love of the emptier regions of the American West and her fascination with the hows and whys of violent crime in a region of great natural beauty.
- Author(s)Ashna Graves
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationArizona
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.