All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1888. Detective Sergeant John Billings has been sent to a remote house in the Yorkshire Moors to investigate the suspicious death of Roger Thornton, a young man who seemed to have everything to live for. He gets a frosty reception from the lady of the house and her rag-tag collection of domestic staff who try to put him off the scent, but as Billings delves deeper into their lives, he uncovers hidden passions, bitter rivalries and a truth so dark and sinister, it will shock you to the core. Fusing Gothic romanticism and fin-de-siecle melodrama, 'Death Takes A Lover' is a chilling entry into a world which some may t want to enter, but if you do, don't say you haven't been warned...
- Author BiographyBorn to Dutch parents and raised in Colombia and England, Olivier Bosman is a rootless wanderer with itchy feet. He has spent the last few years living and working in The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sudan and Bulgaria, but he has now finally settled down among the olive groves of Andalucia. Olivier is an avid reader and film fan. He has an MA in creative writing for film and television. His latest books are 'The Ornamental Hermit '- a 19th century mystery (the second in a series of Victorian detective novels featuring DS John Billings) and 'Berta', the first book in the Muchacha Series - a series of humorous novellas which depict the life of Hans and Annie, a young Dutch couple who emigrate to Colombia in the 1970's, and struggle to find themselves a good and reliable maid.
- Author(s)Olivier Bosman
- Date of Publication09/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.