Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionYoshio Kita's hopelessness and lack of faith in his future crystallizes into a decision to commit suicide by what he calls 'capital punishment at free will', meaning his only pressing problem w is how to spend both his remaining self-allocated seven days on earth and all his worldly money. From fine dining with a former porn actress to insuring his life, from pursuing an ex-girlfriend to an entanglement with an assassin, Yoshio's last seven days on earth take on unexpected twists and turns in this darkly comic exploration of the cult of suicide in Japan and the culture that has created it.
- Author BiographyMasahiko Shimada is one of Japan's best-known and most prolific fiction writers, and the winner of awards including the Noma Literary Prize for New Writers. Meredith McKinney is currently a visiting fellow at the Australian National University, and works as a freelance translator.
- Author(s)Masahiko Shimada
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byMeredith McKinney
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.