All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- Description'It is a soldier's tale cut in stone to melt all hearts'. Thus Winston Churchill wrote in his introduction to A P Herbert's vel The Secret Battle, a book inspired by and quite clearly based on the execution of Sub-Lieutenant Edwin Dyett of the Nelson Battalion, 63rd (Royal naval) Division on 5 January 1917, for desertion in the face of the enemy. Over eighty years have passed, but Churchill's words are just as applicable today to Len Sellers' strictly factual account of the circumstances leading up to Dyett's execution.
- Author BiographyLeonard Sellers was born in 1945 in Woking. Upon moving to Leigh-on-Sea he was educated at Belfairs High School. Leaving School, he joined a firm of Lloyds brokers in the City of London. Looking for a more exciting life at the age of 21, he joined the local South end-on-Sea Constabulary until its amalgamation with the Essex Force in 1969. He has worked as a divisional crime prevention officer and lectured on the subject. His first book was 'The Hood Battalion' (Leo Cooper, 1995). He lives near near Southend in Essex.
- Author(s)Leonard Sellers
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight331 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.