All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionSubmarines glide along on their dangerous missions, their crews performing difficult tasks under arduous conditions. The mystique associated with these boats is evidenced by the number of movies and television shows dedicated to the subject. But where else will you find the lighter side of submarine operations - childish pranks, retrieving lost sailors, and even humorous episodes involving the father of the nuclear Navy, Admiral Rickover. Within this series of books are humorous short stories brought directly from inside American submarines. They reflect the work hard, play hard attitude of sailors of the silent service.
- Author BiographyDel Laughery is a 21-year veteran of the silent service. Serving aboard attack submarines as well as ballistic missile boats, he is qualified to operate and supervise four different kinds of submarine nuclear power plants. He is also a US Navy Master Training Specialist. Now retired from the service, he manages the military jet engine training program for Pratt & Whitney.
- Author(s)Del Laughery
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.