All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe theft of the Book of Kells -- an exquisite ninth-century amalgam of Christian doctrine and Celtic legend -- from the Trinity College library is, in itself, a most shocking crime. But it is the brutal slaying of a night watchman that throws Peter McGarr of the Dublin Murder Squad into the mix. Forced to share investigative duties equally with a publicity-hungry co-Chief Superintendent, McGarr is soon entangled in a twisted web of murder, thievery, back-biting politics, and dark pagan rituals. And surely more blood will flow as secrets, deceptions, and well-guarded lies come to light -- forcing an intrepid detective to doubt the loyalties of even his closest compatriots -- in a chilling case that threatens to bring about thing less than the destruction of contemporary Irish society.
- Author BiographyBartholomew Gill authored 15 Peter McGarr mysteries, among them The Death of an Irish Lover, The Death of an Irish Tinker, and the Edgar Award nominee The Death of a Joyce Scholar. A graduate of Trinity College, Dublin, Gill wrote as Mark McGarrity for the Star-Ledger. He died in 2002.
- Author(s)Bartholomew Gill
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2003
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Peter McGarr Mystery
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvon Books
- Weight174 g
- Width106 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.