All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionWith Death in Holy Orders, P. D. James makes a triumphant return to the genre for which she is best kwn - the classic English detective story. The story is set in an Anglican theological college on a desolate stretch of the East Anglian coast. When the body of one of the students is found on the shore, his wealthy father demands that Scotland Yard should reexamine the verdict of accidental death. Dalgliesh has visited St Anselm's in his boyhood and, as he is due for a holiday, agrees to pay a visit. As the weekend brings ather murder, Dalgliesh soon finds himself embroiled in one of the most horrific and puzzling cases of his career...Death in Holy Orders is vintage P. D. James with sensitive evocation of place, a complex and credible mystery, respect for forensic detail and the tension a plot that never flags.
- Author BiographyP.D. James served in the forensic and criminal justice departments of the Home Office until her retirement in 1979. She was made a Life Peer in 1991. Her many detective novels include Cover Her Face, An Unsuitable job for a Woman, Death of an Expert Witness, A Taste for Death, Original Sin and A Certain Justice, many of which have been adapted for television. She lives in London W11.
- PrizesShortlisted for WH Smith Literary Prize 2002.
- Author(s)P. D. James
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/03/2001
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date12/11/2001
- Weight538 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.