All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
About this product
- DescriptionA Matilda Perks Mystery The English countryside; bucolic, rustic, peaceful. Peaceful, that is, until the body of Douglas Bonar is discovered with its head bashed in. Not that Squire Bonar would be greatly missed, for Bonar was an outsider - a rude, overbearing, self-made man from up North who rubbed most people the wrong way and furthermore had had the audacity to try trample on that most cherished of country freedoms, the right of passage on an ancient footpath. Bonar's murder, and the subsequent investigation, would roil the placid surface of the town of Chesworth, for Chesworth, as most such towns, has its share of secrets which people wish to remain buried. There is one person in town, however - the retired schoolmistress Miss Perks - who seems to kw all these secrets. Does she kw who killed Douglas Bonar?
- Author BiographyRalph Charles Woodthorpe (1886-1971) was a British author who wrote eight mysteries in the 1930s, including The Public School Murder (1932), A Dagger in Fleet Street (1934), Death Wears a Purple Shirt (1934), Death in a Little Town (1935), The Shadow on the Downs (1935), The Necessary Corpse (1939), Rope for a Convict (1939), and Put Out That Light (1940). Many of these are set in small towns in the south of England. Several feature Matilda Perks, a retired schoolmistress, and The Public School Murder was made into a television episode in the UK. It is interesting to note that Woodthorpe was himself a teacher of English and that one of his pupils was Philip Carter, the husband of the mystery writer Margery Allingham.
- Author(s)R C Woodthorpe
- PublisherRessurected Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRessurected Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.