All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.71Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionEllen Gallagher and Maria Gonzales, taken hostage at their Tucson dress shop by a hired killer, are hauled unceremoniously into Arizona's most inhospitable desert. When Ellen's husband, Southern Pacific Railroad Detective Pima Gallagher; her daughter, 14-year-old Scout Walker; and Maria's husband, Jose, set out on the women's trail they are nearly killed by a raging grass fire and a flash flood. Back in Tucson a wealthy couple from Mexico is targeted by a group of swindlers. When the Mexican man is murdered outside his home, confusion reigns as Pima and Scout compare the alibis of several suspects, any one of whom t only could have committed the crime but also had a good reason for doing so.
- Author BiographyBefore retiring in late 2004 John A. Miller, Jr. had worked for more than forty years in the fields of computers and telecommunications at several major corporations and universities. However, he always had a desire to write, so armed with a new computer in 1991 he sat down and began writing his first novel, Pima. Over the years John has continued writing as a sideline. Because he had lived in southern Arizona for a total of nearly ten years, first while serving in the U.S. Army in the mid-1960s and later while working for a Government contractor and then a private corporation, John decided to set his Pima series of novels in an area he knew well, the mountains and deserts of Arizona. Later short stories and novels are set in other locales. Now John makes his home in eastern Pennsylvania, the area where he grew up.
- Author(s)John A Miller Jr
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.