All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionBeneath a waterfall on the Franklin, Aljaz Cosini, river guide, lies drowning. Beset by visions at once horrible and fabulous, he relives not just his own life but that of his family and forebears. In the rainforest waters that rush over him he sees those lives stripped of their surface realities, and finds a world where dreaming reasserts its power over thinking. As the river rises, his visions grow more turbulent, and in the flood of his past Aljaz discovers the soul history of his country. Richard Flanagan's 1994 debut about a mythical Tasmania dazzled readers around the world, and is now recognised as one of the most powerful and original Australian novels of recent decades.
- Author BiographyRichard Flanagan was born in Tasmania in 1961. Regarded internationally as one of Australia's best novelists, his multi-award-winning novels, Death of a River Guide, The Sound of One Hand Clapping, Gould's Book of Fish, The Unknown Terrorist, and Wanting have been published to popular success and critical acclaim in twenty-five countries. His most recent work is a collection of his non-fiction pieces, And What Do You Do, Mr Gable?. He lives in Hobart with his family.
- Author(s)Richard Flanagan
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintVintage (Australia)
- Weight242 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- lovleighthings11 Jun, 2016by
Just amazing writing, you get sucked right in wonderful storytelling
Verified purchase: No
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.