All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- Description-Peter Dickinson is my own chosen demigod in the pantheon of crime fiction.---Laurie R. King For best-selling author Lady Margaret, the past is longer a pleasant memory. Her first lover's mysterious death and the seeming inevitability of her inheriting the family's stately home are cast in new light by secrets unwillingly revisited. The first in a series of reprints of Peter Dickinson's mysteries, this classic British mystery will win fans currently engrossed in Downton Abbey. Praise for Peter Dickinson's mysteries: -A literary magician controlling an apparently inexhaustible supply of effects . . . Craftsmanship such as this makes for compulsive reading.---Penelope Lively -He is the true original, a superb writer who revitalises the traditions of the mystery genre . . . incapable of writing a trite or inelegant sentence . . . a master.---P. D. James -He sets new standards in the mystery field that will be hard to live up to.---Ruth Rendell -He has an eye and a mind and a voice like other.---Donald E. Westlake -A fresh triumph . . . a simultaneous insight into kids and their minders, and emerging nations, and the concept of freedom - all done with consummate story-telling skill.---Peter Lovesey -Read this book carefully. It's a jewel.---The New York Times Review -Brilliantly imaginative first detective story . . .wonderfully convincing.---The Observer -Mr Dickinson is the most original crime velist to appear for a long, long time.---The Guardian -Brilliantly original, as always.---Times Literary Supplement -Wry, witty, irresistible.---The Financial Times -Dickinson tops all his prizewinners with this stunning psychological thriller.---Publishers Weekly Peter Dickinson has twice received the Crime Writers' Association's Gold Dagger. He lives in England and is married to the velist Robin McKinley.
- Author BiographyPeter Dickinson: Peter Dickinson OBE has twice received the Crime Writers' Association's Gold Dagger as well as the Guardian Award and Whitbread Prize. His latest book is Earth and Air: Tales of Elemental Spirits (Big Mouth House). He lives in England and is married to the novelist Robin McKinley.
- Author(s)Peter Dickinson
- PublisherSmall Beer Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBig Mouth House
- Weight218 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.