Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the tumultuous days of 1970 as the University of Wisconsin anti-war movement imploded after a deadly campus bombing, Death on Cache Lake takes the reader on a dark odyssey through the lake wilds of Ontario, and the woods and small towns of Wisconsin. A fishing trip in Quetico Provincial Park turns violently tragic when friends Caleb Pratt and John Short cross paths with a former acquaintance who is running for his life, aided and abetted by a sociopathic mercenary. Death on Cache Lake is a must read for anyone who has ever paddled a cae across a rthern lake, hiked on an isolated mountain, or spent a night in a lonely cabin buffeted by a roaring blizzard. This spellbinding tale of political intrigue and conspiracy will also captivate history buffs who share the authors' fascination with American crimes that seem solvable but remain mysteries. Caleb and John's adrenaline-filled flight through Ontario to unravel the conspiracy and save their lives takes them on trains, hitch-hiked rides on trucks, cross country skis, and caes, all at a breakneck pace climaxing in an unforgettable reckoning.
- Author BiographyJohn Lyonwas afarm kid, then former teacher and principal, river boat captain on the WisconsinRiver at the Dells and anemployee in the fraud department of a regional cellular company. He is apart-time instructor at Madison College's two northern campuses. He enjoys trains and riding them and is a member of the Mid Continent Railway Museum located at North Freedom, Wisconsin. Other activities include fishing in Ontario, Canada and on Pelican Lake, Wisconsin with friends. John Lyon passed away shortly after he wrote this brief summary of his life, but that was like John. He was not one to talk about himself and he is greatly missed. Dan Woll is a former public school teacher, principal and superintendent. His educational philosophy is informed by two years in an inner city public school on the East Coast as a member of the American Teacher Corps and years in his beloved small town Wisconsin. He has extensive technical rock climbing experience including ascents of Devil's Tower, Half Dome, and El Capitan. His climbing days appear to be behind him but he continues to be a competitive cyclist. He lives in River Falls, Wisconsin with his wife, Beth. They have three grown daughters.
- Author(s)MR Dan Woll,MR John W Lyon
- PublisherRomeii LLC
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRomeii LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.