Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionEnd-of-life issues and questions are complex and frequently cause confusion and anxiety. In Death with Dignity , theologian, medical ethicist, and pastoral caregiver Peter A. Clark examines numerous issues that are pertinent to patients, family members, and health care professionals, including physiology, consciousness, the definition of death, the distinction between extraordinary and ordinary means, medical futility, 'Do Not Resuscitate' orders, living wills, power of attorney, pain assessment and pain management, palliative and hospice care, the role of spirituality in end-of-life care, and physicians' communication with terminal patients. Patients, family members, medical students, and health care professionals will find in Death with Dignity the practical and ethical kwledge they need to capably and confidently cope with end-of-life challenges.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Clark, SJ, is director of the Institute of Catholic Bioethics at St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia and editor-in-chief of the Internet Journal of Catholic Bioethics.
- Author(s)Peter A. Clark
- PublisherUniversity of Scranton Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationScranton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Scranton Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.