Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionBased upon the authors' many years of experience as successful high school debate teachers and coaches, Debate presents a practical approach to students enabling them to do objective research on their debate topics. This contemporary text is designed to give students opportunities to research, write speeches, and experience public speaking and competitive debate. Using a wealth of examples and including the role of ancient philosophers, students are instructed to use the latest research techniques. By presenting influential historical connections, students learn how the classical debates have shaped the contemporary public forum. Debate includes up-to-date trends and Internet research, w an important step in debate preparation, and identifies all forms of argumentation in all forms of debate. Ongoing review and assessment help students understand the material. Features include ethical discussions, great debate references, group activity/cooperative learning, and personal views from well-Kwn people of how debate is used in the workplace.
- Author BiographyMariann Fedrizzi taught debate at Cypress Creek High School in Houston, Texas, for 15 years. During that time, her students brought home numerous honors as state contestants, extemporaneous speaker state champions, and regional finalists in debate. A Texas University Interscholastic League (UIL) Award of Excellence winner, Fedrizzi also served as the fine arts department chair at Cypress Creek High School. She has hosted and chaired many of the UIL academic meets. A 27-year veteran debate teacher and coach, Randy Ellis is a past president of the Texas Forensics Council and Spring High School's fine arts department chair. He was inducted into the Texas Forensic Association Hall of Fame at the annual convention for the Texas Speech Communication Association (TSCA) in 2004. Ellis was honored for his educational contributions through coaching debate and serving twice as president, three times as vice president, and numerous times as state tournament director. At Spring High School where he has served on the faculty for 17 years, he is responsible for the speech and debate program, which includes taking teams of students to about 12 forensic tournaments a year.
- Author(s)Mariann Fedrizzi,Randy E. Ellis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/02/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight970 g
- Width223 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.