All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionDesign and Techlogy has long held a controversial place on the school curriculum, with some arguing that it shouldn't be there at all. This book presents and questions considered arguments and judgements, and explores the major issues that all D&T teachers encounter in their daily professional lives. In exploring some of the key debates, it encourages critical reflection and aims to stimulate both vice and experienced teachers to think more deeply about their practice, and link research and evidence to what they have observed in schools. Written by expert design and techlogy education professionals, chapters tackle established and contemporary issues, enabling you to reach informed judgements and argue your point of view with deeper theoretical kwledge and understanding. Debates covered include: * What is the purpose of design and techlogy? * Is it a vocational or academic subject? * What is the place of design and techlogy within the STEM agenda? * What kwledge and skills do teachers really need? * What does the design and techlogy gender divide mean for schools and pupils? * Is it a 'creative' subject? * What is the future for design and techlogy? With its combination of expert opinion and fresh insight, Debates in Design and Techlogy Education is the ideal companion for any student or practising teacher engaged in initial training, continuing professional development or Masters level study.
- Author BiographyGwyneth Owen-Jackson is Senior Lecturer at the Open University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Debates in Subject Teaching Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGwyneth Owen-Jackson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.