All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn image deblurring, the goal is to recover the original, sharp image by using a mathematical model of the blurring process. The key issue is that some information on the lost details is indeed present in the blurred image, but this 'hidden' information can be recovered only if we kw the details of the blurring process. Deblurring Images: Matrices, Spectra, and Filtering describes the deblurring algorithms and techniques collectively kwn as spectral filtering methods, in which the singular value decomposition - or a similar decomposition with spectral properties - is used to introduce the necessary regularization or filtering in the reconstructed image. The concise MATLAB(R) implementations described in the book provide a template of techniques that can be used to restore blurred images from many applications.
- Author BiographyPer Christian Hansen is Professor of Scientific Computing at the Technical University of Denmark. He has also worked at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and the Danish Computing Center for Research and Education (UNI*C). His publications include a research monograph, several MATLAB packages, and many papers on inverse problems, matrix computations, and signal processing. He is a member of SIAM. James G. Nagy is Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Emory University. In 2001 he was selected to hold the Emory Professorship for Distinguished Teaching in the Social and Natural Sciences. He has published many research papers on scientific computing, numerical linear algebra, inverse problems, and image processing. He is a member of SIAM and AWM. Dianne P. O'Leary is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Maryland and a mathematician at the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology. She was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo. She is the author of over 75 publications on numerical analysis and computational science and over 25 publications on education and mentoring. She is a member of SIAM, AWM, and ACM.
- Author(s)Dianne P. O'Leary,James G. Nagy,Per Christian Hansen
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleFundamentals of Algorithms
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.