Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis study provides an in-depth analysis of the external debt problem of a country--Mexico--that allegedly faces a debt overhang, which inhibits long-term growth-oriented investment. Issues facing the debtor nation and its commercial bank creditors are simultaneously examined in order to move closer towards an understanding of the situation of debt-distressed developing countries. The need to address these issues on a case-by-case basis is emphasized, opposed to a global approach to solving the debt crisis presently recommended by some. Not only does this work provide a survey of the theoretical literature on the international debt crisis it also provides a way of incorporating simultaneously the concerns of the opposing sides--debtor nations and creditor banks. It will be of interest to ecomists and policy-makers in international finance and trade and development ecomics.
- Author BiographySUDARSHAN GOOPTU is an Economist with the Debt and International Finance Division in the International Economics Department of the World Bank.
- Author(s)Sudarshan Gooptu
- Date of Publication26/01/1993
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight507 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.